The weekend will provide many new ideas to stimulate oboists in their personal practice. Topics such as finger fluency, embouchure and articulation will all be covered.
STANDARD: IMPROVER, CONFIDENT, SKILFUL
Fee: £150 (25% off for under 27s) Code: 21/OL77
What will we cover?
- From England: Alan Richardson Roundelay, Madeleine Dring Danza Gaya, Richard Rodney Bennett Siesta from Summer Music
- From France: Roussel Aria, Messiaen Vocalise-etude, Dukas Alla Gitana, Ravel Prelude from Tombeau de Couperin
Expressive playing – support, and ways to practice vibrato
- Grieg At the Cradle from Lyric pieces, Delius Serenade from Hassan, Bach Sinfonia from Kantate BWV 12,
Aspects of technique: precise, light and faster tonguing
- Dring, Telemann and Vivaldi
Neat fingers in fast passages and better coordination of (little) fingers in pieces in 4 flats and 4 sharps
- Ravel Prelude
- Vivaldi Sonata No 6 from Il pastor fido and Telemann Sonata in Bb, 2 wonderful and approachable sonatas in 4 movements – Neat fingers, articulation and coordination
What will we accomplish? By the end of this course you will be able to…
Feel more inspired and focused to practice and extend technique
What level is the course and do I need any particular skills?
The course is suitable for all intermediate and advanced oboists
Will music be provided in advance of the course?
Andrew will send all repertoire to participants in advance and send printed copies as required. Andrew is very happy to send a selection of oboe reeds to all participants in advance of this course at no charge.
Is there anything I need to bring?
Your instrument, music, access to a computer/laptop/tablet/phone with a built-in microphone/speaker and camera, and a stable broadband connection is ideal.
What previous participants said about this course…
“Extremely encouraging and non-threatening. Nothing was too much trouble.”
“Andrew is an excellent tutor. He is well prepared with lots of interesting ideas and music which illustrate all the teaching points so well. He is very generous with his time and expertise. This is like a 'lesson', and equips me with enough material to practise until the next course.”
“Wonderful. Very inspiring, and you will learn loads!”
“No matter if you have been playing for a year or fifteen this course cannot fail to improve your playing - and its enjoyable.”