STANDARD: LOWER/UPPER INTERMEDIATE, ADVANCED
Explore the diverse Musical Theatre song repertoire over the last 75 years with Sarah Leonard and Stephen Dickinson. Sarah has taught on the BA Acting Musical Theatre Course at Royal Central School of Speech and Drama for 14 years and Stephen has taught at Arts Ed for many years. They have a wealth of experience between them. Please bring three songs by any composer from Rodgers and Hammerstein to the present day. We will work on the vocal techniques and dramatic styles required to perform the songs convincingly. Props are welcome! On Tuesday evening Sarah and Stephen will give an illustrated talk on the music of Stephen Sondheim.
Tutor website: www.sarahleonard.me
Resident: £280 Non-Resident: £205 Code: 19/20G
BMILS building – exciting news:
- Visitors to Benslow Music are alerted to work on a new building for the Benslow Music Instrument Loan Scheme (BMILS), due to start on 23 April 2019.
- Our normal activity (courses, concerts, events, Bed & Breakfast, visits to the Loan Scheme) will continue as scheduled during the construction period.
- The building, sympathetically designed by Jon Read of Pentangle Design Group, Hitchin, is to provide specialist storage for the BMILS collection of quality instruments while not on loan, more spacious administration and reception space, a generous workshop for our in-house luthier, and a trial room.
- The new building is to be located between Fieldfares and the beehives.
- Access to Fieldfares from Benslow Music will remain as it is currently, via the main drive (or beside Waldeck) to the front door.
- Construction workers (from the family firm of D B Sharp and Sons, Letchworth) will enter from the gateway to Benslow Lane close to Fieldfares and cross the current drive direct to the building site from beside the Fieldfares garage. This vehicle movement will be carefully managed. The site will be securely fenced, allowing for egress from all doors to Fieldfares.
- Work is expected to last until late October 2019, taking place on weekdays between 8am and 4pm. There will inevitably be some noise but disruption will be kept to a minimum. We anticipate very little restriction to existing car parking arrangements (but please continue to park sensitively).
- We trust that this will not have an adverse effect on your stay. Thank you for your understanding.