STANDARD: LOWER/UPPER INTERMEDIATE, ADVANCED
This brand new course lead by international guitarist and educator Simone Gubbiotti is a must to expand your creativity on the guitar. Different points of view for improvisation will be discussed starting from normal arpeggios and extended to thematic improvisation to increase your melodic sense and creative musical language. By the end of the course you will have developed your melodic abilities and also created useful motives to explore in your own compositions and performances. Included in the course fee is entry to the tutor concert on the Tuesday evening. Simone has performed with musicians including Peter Erskine, Joe La Barbera, Sid Jacobs, Arthur Blythe, Joe Diorio, Darek Oles, Adam Nussbaum and Jay Anderson and we are delighted to welcome him to Benslow Music in our 90th anniversary year.
Resident: £290 Non-Resident: £215 Code: 19/20C
BMILS building – exciting news:
- Visitors to Benslow Music are alerted to work on a new building for the Benslow Music Instrument Loan Scheme (BMILS), due to start on 23 April 2019.
- Our normal activity (courses, concerts, events, Bed & Breakfast, visits to the Loan Scheme) will continue as scheduled during the construction period.
- The building, sympathetically designed by Jon Read of Pentangle Design Group, Hitchin, is to provide specialist storage for the BMILS collection of quality instruments while not on loan, more spacious administration and reception space, a generous workshop for our in-house luthier, and a trial room.
- The new building is to be located between Fieldfares and the beehives.
- Access to Fieldfares from Benslow Music will remain as it is currently, via the main drive (or beside Waldeck) to the front door.
- Construction workers (from the family firm of D B Sharp and Sons, Letchworth) will enter from the gateway to Benslow Lane close to Fieldfares and cross the current drive direct to the building site from beside the Fieldfares garage. This vehicle movement will be carefully managed. The site will be securely fenced, allowing for egress from all doors to Fieldfares.
- Work is expected to last until late October 2019, taking place on weekdays between 8am and 4pm. There will inevitably be some noise but disruption will be kept to a minimum. We anticipate very little restriction to existing car parking arrangements (but please continue to park sensitively).
- We trust that this will not have an adverse effect on your stay. Thank you for your understanding.