STANDARD: LOWER/UPPER INTERMEDIATE, ADVANCED
International jazz pianist and composer Marco Marconi leads this course offering all musicians the opportunity to develop their relationship with the spectacular and vast world of Cuban Salsa. Marco will talk about and demonstrate a journey of Latin rhythms from Brazil down to Cuba from Bossa-nova, Samba and Shoro to Salsa, Clave, Rhumba and Cha-Cha, analysing and discussing the different aspects of each. Often the difference between these styles is very small so Marco will reveal some of the secrets that he has discovered during a long and in depth study of this kind of music. Included in the course fee is entry to the tutor concert on the Tuesday evening.
Tutor website: www.marcomarconi.com
Resident: £290 Non-Resident: £215 Code: 19/20A
BMILS building – exciting news:
- Visitors to Benslow Music are alerted to work on a new building for the Benslow Music Instrument Loan Scheme (BMILS), due to start on 23 April 2019.
- Our normal activity (courses, concerts, events, Bed & Breakfast, visits to the Loan Scheme) will continue as scheduled during the construction period.
- The building, sympathetically designed by Jon Read of Pentangle Design Group, Hitchin, is to provide specialist storage for the BMILS collection of quality instruments while not on loan, more spacious administration and reception space, a generous workshop for our in-house luthier, and a trial room.
- The new building is to be located between Fieldfares and the beehives.
- Access to Fieldfares from Benslow Music will remain as it is currently, via the main drive (or beside Waldeck) to the front door.
- Construction workers (from the family firm of D B Sharp and Sons, Letchworth) will enter from the gateway to Benslow Lane close to Fieldfares and cross the current drive direct to the building site from beside the Fieldfares garage. This vehicle movement will be carefully managed. The site will be securely fenced, allowing for egress from all doors to Fieldfares.
- Work is expected to last until late October 2019, taking place on weekdays between 8am and 4pm. There will inevitably be some noise but disruption will be kept to a minimum. We anticipate very little restriction to existing car parking arrangements (but please continue to park sensitively).
- We trust that this will not have an adverse effect on your stay. Thank you for your understanding.