STANDARD: UPPER INTERMEDIATE, ADVANCED
Jonathan Trout leads another of our popular Group Quartet courses, designed for those who are reluctant to tackle the string quartet repertoire one to a part or who just enjoy playing the repertoire en-masse, as if a string orchestra. We'd like you to be of at least Grade 6 standard. We'll work with Jonathan's usual thoroughness on Beethoven's String Quartet in B flat major, Op 18 No 6 and Dvorák's String Quartet No 12 in F major, Op 96, "American". Please note that you need to bring your own music and we'd like you to number the bars yourself before you arrive. Start with the first complete bar and ignore "first time only" repeat bars in your calculations.
Tutor website: www.jonathantrout.co.uk
Resident: £400 Non-Resident: £305 Code: 19/350
BMILS building – exciting news:
- Visitors to Benslow Music are alerted to work on a new building for the Benslow Music Instrument Loan Scheme (BMILS), due to start on 23 April 2019.
- Our normal activity (courses, concerts, events, Bed & Breakfast, visits to the Loan Scheme) will continue as scheduled during the construction period.
- The building, sympathetically designed by Jon Read of Pentangle Design Group, Hitchin, is to provide specialist storage for the BMILS collection of quality instruments while not on loan, more spacious administration and reception space, a generous workshop for our in-house luthier, and a trial room.
- The new building is to be located between Fieldfares and the beehives.
- Access to Fieldfares from Benslow Music will remain as it is currently, via the main drive (or beside Waldeck) to the front door.
- Construction workers (from the family firm of D B Sharp and Sons, Letchworth) will enter from the gateway to Benslow Lane close to Fieldfares and cross the current drive direct to the building site from beside the Fieldfares garage. This vehicle movement will be carefully managed. The site will be securely fenced, allowing for egress from all doors to Fieldfares.
- Work is expected to last until late October 2019, taking place on weekdays between 8am and 4pm. There will inevitably be some noise but disruption will be kept to a minimum. We anticipate very little restriction to existing car parking arrangements (but please continue to park sensitively).
- We trust that this will not have an adverse effect on your stay. Thank you for your understanding.