STANDARD: LOWER/UPPER INTERMEDIATE
This course, led by the infectiously enthusiastic Stephanie Reeve and George Sleightholme, gives intermediate players the opportunity to develop ensemble and sight-reading skills as well as providing assistance with basic technical skills such as breathing, posture and musicianship. The main focus is the large ensemble, which works on four-part arrangements and original works. The varied repertoire covers everything from Renaissance to the present day. Players of flute, oboe, clarinet, bassoon, bass clarinet and any saxophone are welcome. There are also parts for French horn. There will be some opportunity for chamber music playing so players are encouraged to bring their own music.
Resident: £280 Non-Resident: £205 Code: 19/286
BMILS building – exciting news:
- Visitors to Benslow Music are alerted to work on a new building for the Benslow Music Instrument Loan Scheme (BMILS), due to start on 23 April 2019.
- Our normal activity (courses, concerts, events, Bed & Breakfast, visits to the Loan Scheme) will continue as scheduled during the construction period.
- The building, sympathetically designed by Jon Read of Pentangle Design Group, Hitchin, is to provide specialist storage for the BMILS collection of quality instruments while not on loan, more spacious administration and reception space, a generous workshop for our in-house luthier, and a trial room.
- The new building is to be located between Fieldfares and the beehives.
- Access to Fieldfares from Benslow Music will remain as it is currently, via the main drive (or beside Waldeck) to the front door.
- Construction workers (from the family firm of D B Sharp and Sons, Letchworth) will enter from the gateway to Benslow Lane close to Fieldfares and cross the current drive direct to the building site from beside the Fieldfares garage. This vehicle movement will be carefully managed. The site will be securely fenced, allowing for egress from all doors to Fieldfares.
- Work is expected to last until late October 2019, taking place on weekdays between 8am and 4pm. There will inevitably be some noise but disruption will be kept to a minimum. We anticipate very little restriction to existing car parking arrangements (but please continue to park sensitively).
- We trust that this will not have an adverse effect on your stay. Thank you for your understanding.