STANDARD: UPPER INTERMEDIATE, ADVANCED
Participants (of approximately Grade 7 standard and above) are invited to bring a broad repertoire of songs and arias. Improve communication with your audience by gaining insights into music and text which will be reflected in and therefore enrich your performance. Discuss how technique can enhance your interpretation, and examine ways of removing the physical tensions that can adversely affect technique. Bring four pieces in any style and please let us know in advance what you have chosen. A ticket will also be included for Sarah and Stephen's recital on Tuesday evening. We will spend some time working closely with the flutes this year, with a combined masterclass on the Thursday evening and a joint informal concert on the last afternoon.
Resident: £490 Non-Resident: £385 Code: 19/406
BMILS building – exciting news:
- Visitors to Benslow Music are alerted to work on a new building for the Benslow Music Instrument Loan Scheme (BMILS), due to start on 23 April 2019.
- Our normal activity (courses, concerts, events, Bed & Breakfast, visits to the Loan Scheme) will continue as scheduled during the construction period.
- The building, sympathetically designed by Jon Read of Pentangle Design Group, Hitchin, is to provide specialist storage for the BMILS collection of quality instruments while not on loan, more spacious administration and reception space, a generous workshop for our in-house luthier, and a trial room.
- The new building is to be located between Fieldfares and the beehives.
- Access to Fieldfares from Benslow Music will remain as it is currently, via the main drive (or beside Waldeck) to the front door.
- Construction workers (from the family firm of D B Sharp and Sons, Letchworth) will enter from the gateway to Benslow Lane close to Fieldfares and cross the current drive direct to the building site from beside the Fieldfares garage. This vehicle movement will be carefully managed. The site will be securely fenced, allowing for egress from all doors to Fieldfares.
- Work is expected to last until late October 2019, taking place on weekdays between 8am and 4pm. There will inevitably be some noise but disruption will be kept to a minimum. We anticipate very little restriction to existing car parking arrangements (but please continue to park sensitively).
- We trust that this will not have an adverse effect on your stay. Thank you for your understanding.