Benslow Music is offering an opportunity for an outstanding sixth-form or undergraduate student to join us for half a day a week to work alongside marketing and music staff. These placements are usually over a period of one or two academic years, although shorter or more intensive periods of work throughout the year (including over the summer) are also possible, please enquire.
The student must be available to base themselves at Benslow Music in Hitchin for a regular half-day (minimum 4 hours) a week. There may also be small tasks that are possible to carry out from home.
The successful student will gain an invaluable insight into the workings of a significant arts organisation and be part of a small but dynamic and hardworking team. S/he will get plenty of hands-on experience and this would be an ideal post for anyone looking for a career in arts administration.
We are looking for an individual who has or is willing to be trained in the following skills:
- Ability to write well
- A confident communicator with a good sense of humour
- Familiar with Microsoft Word and Excel spreadsheets
- Regular user of social media, including Twitter, Facebook and Instagram
- Good telephone manner
- Strong organisational skills
- Research skills
- Team player with the ability and initiative to work alone
- A strong interest in all sorts of music
- Willingness to use the photocopier and make tea!
This is a non-paid position and travel expenses cannot be covered, but Benslow Music would be willing to offer free lunch for the duration of the placement and provide future job references.
Interested students should email Dr Christopher Roberts, Head of Music at email@example.com and attach a covering letter detailing why they are suitable for this post and an up-to-date CV.